Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Berry Berry Healthy Fro-Yo

This was so much fun to make! I couldn't find a recipe that was to my liking so I played around and this is what I came up with :) To make frozen yogurt all you really need are two ingredients-- yogurt & sugar. I tired to keep it simple & healthy, but still toss some dynamic flavor in there too :) Tell me what you think?

{In the making shot}
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup honey granules
4 cups plain yogurt
2 cups frozen mixed berries, unsweetened
1 teaspoon vanilla (this makes it!)

Puree everything together. It's really that simple! Follow your ice cream maker's instructions or just plain ole stick it in the freezer for about 2-4 hours, stirring 1/2 way through. Dish it out to your loved ones and enjoy!



This recipe received a 5 star around here! It was a delicious treat and I can't wait to experiment with other flavors! Chocolate & raspberry sounds like a good combo...

My workout this morning was fun too :-) I ran 4 miles in under 40 minutes before breakfast and did my stretching routine in the evening which helped me loosen up. That's it. How 'bout you?

What recipes have you experimented with of late? I love hearing about what others are learning & creating so be sure to share!

4 comments:

Michelle @ www.movinitwithmichelle.com said...

This looks delicious!

Unknown said...

Wow, looks so good! I love the pink color, so pretty (: A great alternative to icecream, I really need to try this out!

Unknown said...

Any substitution for honey granules? I dont think you can get them in the UK! xxx

RunningJunkie said...

That looks SO good. I LOVE fro-yo!

Awesome run!