Saturday, July 21, 2012

Naturally Sweetened Summer Blueberry Cobbler

{Hand picked blueberries turned into a healthy blueberry cobbler = heavenly}

I hope you're sitting down because this recipe is . . . amazing. It can be so discouraging to search for an "already in existence" healthy recipe because they can be difficult to find. Especially if you have high standards, requiring the recipe to be both yummy and nutritious all in one! But, I guess it just makes the treasure found valued even more :)

I went of this recipe as my base, and this what actually went into the mixture:

Naturally Sweetened Blueberry Cobbler
2 sticks butter
1 cup natural turbinado sugar
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups AlmondBreeze milk
4 cups blueberries (fresh is best!)

Directions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350.
  2. Melt butter in dish.
  3. Mix together dry ingredients, add milk.
  4. Pour the milk mixture on top of your butter. Throughly stir.
  5. Sprinkle your blueberries evenly on top of batter.
  6. Bake for 25-40 minutes (depending on your oven). Watch it careful to be sure it doesn't burn. 
  7. Enjoy with your friends and family! 

There was nothing left and the pan was scrapped clean! This recipe filled an 11x15 glass dish and served 11 people. If you have a smaller party you can halve the recipe to make less. It would be great served with ice cream, but we played it simple and served it as a stand alone.


I love sandwiches! There are so many delightful summer vegetables in season - making it quick & simple to throw together something nutritious. This tomato was from our garden!


Friday's feast was dip and salad with Mexican flair :) We served the blueberry cobbler for dessert.

I ran 3 miles this morning; it felt amazing to wake-up, spend time in the Word and get my heart pumping before I attacked the day's work.

If you haven't already, feel free to enter the Artisana Raw Nut & Butter gift giveaway! A winner will be announce July 27th. Join the fun!

Oh, and I'll leave you with this . . . What do you think about Monsanto and federal immunity? 

5 comments:

Ellen B Cookery said...

I'm totally about organic. I'm afraid my opinion is not pleasant and therefore I choose not to speak my mind. What's next?

By the way, I love your cobbler!

Cassandra said...

Oh THANK YOU! I live in Maine where Blueberries are EVERYWHERE this time of season. I'm adding this one to the book.

Lea said...

This just all looks so yummy, and the colours are so vibrant!

Lea x

http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

Caity @ Awkward Kitchenette said...

Yum, that looks amazing. Great time for blueberry recipes! And I don't have nice things to say on the other topic ;)

RunningJunkie said...

That looks amazing!! I love berries!:-)